Recipe type: Soup
- 1 piece of ginger (about 10 g)
- 1 shallot.
- 1 small beetroot (about 100 g).
- 1 small apple (about 150 g)
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon liquid honey
- 2 tbsp elderberry juice
- Peel and dice the ginger and shallot.
- Wash the beets thoroughly, peel and dice; if possible, work with disposable gloves because of the color.
- Wash the apples, cut into quarters and remove the core. Finely chop 2 apple quarters, cut the other 2 into thin slices.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the shallots and ginger in it. Add the beetroot and apple cubes and sauté briefly.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and let cook, covered over medium heat, for about 10 minutes. Then puree with a hand blender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, bring 2 liters of salted water to a boil over low heat.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff, then incorporate the honey.
- Using a tablespoon, take some egg whites and let simmer for about 6-8 minutes in the salted water. Do the same with all the remaining egg white mixture, turning the dumplings once.
- Add the apple slices to the soup. Season with elderberry juice, salt and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the snow dumplings from the water and drain. Add to the soup and serve immediately.
WW Points Plus: 2, WW Old Points: 1
Calories: 91 Fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 13 g Fiber: 2.5 g Protein: 6 g Cholesterol: 0 g
CLICK NEXT PAGE BELOW TO CONTINUE READING …