What could possibly be more delicious than a Banana Bread base and a cheesecake top? We can’t wait to try this heavenly dessert and we know that you’ll absolutely love it.
for 10 servings
BANANA BREAD CRUST
- 4 bananas, as ripe as possible
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
½ cup sugar (100 g) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour(190 g) 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda ¼ teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon cinnamon
32 oz cream cheese, softened (910 g) ½ cup sugar (100 g) 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 cup milk (240 mL) 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- caramel sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the oil, egg, sugar, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Pour the banana bread batter into a greased 9-inch (22 cm) springform pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is set.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Microwave the milk until hot, about 2 minutes, then add the gelatin powder. Quickly stir until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the gelatin mixture over the cream cheese and whisk again until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the baked banana bread crust.
- Chill for 3 hours, or overnight.
- Unmold the cheesecake, then slice and serve drizzled with caramel sauce.