Buttermilk biscuits come out soft, with flaky layers of buttery goodness!
These biscuits are perfect for breakfast with honey butter. Or add some sausage gravy on top. One of my favorites is a egg and sausage biscuit breakfast sandwich!
This honey butter is easy to make and super delicious! Boy do I love it slathered on a warm biscuit.
How to make Buttermilk Biscuits with Honey Butter!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray or use a baking liner.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl.
- Add cubes of cold butter. Using your hands or a pastry cutter mix just until it becomes a loose crumble.
- Add in the buttermilk and mix until it becomes a sticky ball.
- Place the dough ball on a floured surface and roll out into a rectangle about 1 inch thick.
- Fold it over and roll it out again. Repeat 4 more times.
- Roll out the dough again about 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits using a biscuit cutter or floured glass.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet, making sure they touch. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- In a small bowl add softened butter and honey and mix until combined.
- Removes biscuits from oven serve warm with honey butter.
2 cups selfrising flour
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp salt (i didnt use any)
3/4 stick frozen butter
2 tbsp butter +1 tbsp honey melted and mixed together .
Mix flour ,grated butter together with your fingers until crunmbly like cornmeal then add cold butter milk mix until combined .
Then turn out on a clean counter fold atleast 5 times then cut out with a 2.5 inch cookie cutter.
Place in a greased bakinging pan bake at 375 for 18 to 20 minutes.
After baking brush honey butter ontop of biscuits serve warm.