- 2 (16 oz total) skinless chicken breasts, all fat trimmed
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup seasoned whole wheat dry bread crumbs
- olive oil spray (about 1 tbsp worth)
- 1 tbsp whipped butter
- juice of 1 lemon, lemon halves reserved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp capers
- Sliced lemon, for serving
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves, for serving
- Cut chicken into 4 cutlets, then place cutlets between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap and pound out to 1/4-inch thick.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow plate, beat the egg whites and 1 teaspoon of water together.
- Place the bread crumbs in another plate. Dip each chicken breast first in the egg, then bread crumbs.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium to medium-low heat.
- Spray a generous amount of olive oil spray on one side of the chicken, and lay it in the pan, oil side down.
- Spray the top of the chicken generously to coat and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Set aside until you make the sauce.
- For the sauce, clean the saute pan. Over medium heat, melt butter, add the lemon juice, wine, chicken broth and the reserved lemon halves, salt, and pepper.
- Boil over high heat until reduced in half, about 2 minutes.
- Discard the lemon halves, add the capers and serve one chicken cutlet on each plate.
- Spoon on the sauce and serve with a slice of lemon and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
AIR FRYER METHOD:
- To cook the chicken in the air fryer, pre-heat the air fryer 370F. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, turning halfway until crisp and golden and cooked through.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 piece of chicken
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 4
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 262 calories
- Total Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Sodium: 233.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 11.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 30g