THIS IS A GREAT RECIPE THAT I FOUND IN MY GRANDMA’S RECIPE BOOK.
SAM From aheadofthyme.com: These pancakes are a must on Christmas morning. But the truth is that any day can be pancake day… heck, I make these all the time for me, myself and I. And I am not talking about Bisquick or Aunt Jemima, I am talking good old fashioned, from scratch pancakes. They are actually super easy and take just a few more minutes longer to prepare than those boxed mixes. But the outcome is sooo worth the extra time investment. You end up with tastier and fluffier pancakes! I seriously didn’t realize what pancakes tasted like until I stopped using boxed mixes.
Sometimes I like to think that I won’t be able to finish the whole batch of these and that I will be able to save half the batter for the next day. Unfortunately, this wishful thinking never pans out. Between my hubby and I, the whole batch gets devoured in one sitting. But hey, that’s okay!!! It’s all about the pancake life in our house on Sundays.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 45 m
- 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Join my FREE Weight Watchers (Freestyle Smartpoints): Recipes & Support on Facebook!