- 2 c. warm water (110 degrees)
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dry active yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c. oil
- 6 c. flour
1. Mix warm water, sugar and yeast into bowl, allow to rest for about 10 minutes (it will be frothy).
2. Add in salt, oil and 3 c. flour and mix well.
3. Add flour, one cup at a time, dough will be a nice ball with a soft velvety touch. Knead by hand for 8-10 minutes or 1-2 minutes with the Kitchen Aid
4. Allow bread to rise covered, free from draft until doubled in size. (about an hour) Punch down and briefly knead by hand (30-45 seconds)
5. Divide into equal parts place two in well-greased loaf pans.
6. Loosly cover and allow to rise for an addiitonal 30 minutes.
7. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for approx 30 minutes (it will be golden on the top. Make sure the center is not gooey and cooked, avoid overbaking.