WEIGHT WATCHERS SMARTPOINTS : THE ONLY WEIGHT WATCHERS POST YOU NEED
One of the hardest things about any plan, including Weight Watchers Smart Points is starting something new. It can be hard to make that first step. If you are here, chances are you’ve already done that hard work! Another issue that some people have with the Smart Points program and Weight Watchers in general is that it can get kind of pricey. We can help with that, don’t get discouraged before you even being.
ROASTED POTATOES, ONIONS, SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS ROAST IN THE OVEN WITH A DRIZZLE OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL AND ROSEMARY. DON’T YOU LOVE A MEAL THAT ONLY DIRTIES ONE PAN? THIS IS AN EASY ONE-DISH MEAL THAT MAKES CLEAN-UP A BREEZE, AND THE SMELL IN YOUR KITCHEN WILL MAKE EVERYONE HUNGRY!
- 1.5 lb (about 3 large) potatoes, russet or new
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered, layers separated
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary (fresh or dry)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- olive oil spray (I use my Misto)
- 1 lb Italian chicken sausage (al fresco’s) cut each link into 6-7 slices **
- Cut the potatoes into small 1″ x 1/2 inch pieces. These take the longest to cook so cutting them small ensures everything cooks evenly.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray one large non-stick baking sheet, or two small ones with olive oil spray to prevent the potatoes from sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, peppers, olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic powder. Mix well to be sure everything is coated with oil and seasoned evenly. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the center of the oven; bake for 15 minutes.
- Use a spoon to toss so nothing sticks or burns.
- Add the sausage to the baking sheet with the potatoes and vegetables and bake, tossing once or twice for 25-35 minutes, or until your potatoes are cooked through.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your potatoes and sausage, keep an eye so they don’t burn.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 8
- Points +: 8
- Calories: 325
- Total Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 587mg
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 22.5g