- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, frozen, grated
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- Cut in grated butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add shredded cheese and chives; toss to combine.
- Stir in buttermilk and sour cream until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Drop dough in 1/4 cup rounds onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 450-degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until slightly browned. Serve warm.
makes 14 (2-3”) biscuits when using 1/4 cup “drops” of dough. Adjust “drop” size and monitor cook time for smaller biscuits. Of course you could go bigger too.
Recipe adapted from: shewearsmanyhats