This is the BEST chicken salad recipe. It could not be easier or more delicious. With chicken, cranberries, apples, and pecans, it’s wonderful on its own or as a sandwich!
I want to be that person who invented egg salad and chicken salad. I mean, that person deserves a gold medal. Yummy, versatile, classic. How do you make yours?
Even though this particular chicken salad has been floating around for ages, I was only introduced to it a few years ago by my friend, Kary.
We were hanging out at her house and she made it for lunch one day. I was practically mesmerized by all the ingredients she was mixing together. It all seemed so odd…and yet wonderful. I knew immediately how much I would love it.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup diced Granny Smith apple
- 10 ounce (1 can) white chunk chicken breast, drained, broken up into pieces
- baby spinach leaves , optional
- 4 croissants or soft dinner rolls , optional
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayo, yogurt, mustard, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Gently fold in the cranberries, pecans, apple, and chicken.
- Eat as is or place on sliced croissants with some baby spinach or lettuce.