- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1/4 cup minced chives, optional
- In a large stock pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Saute the onion, carrot and celery for 3 – 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the flour and stir until the vegetables are coated.
- Add the broth, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the rice, chicken, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add the milk and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot, garnished with chives, if desired.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie
Number of servings (yield): 10
Serving size: 1 cup
WW SP: 5 / WW PP: 5
PER SERVING: 180 calories; 6g fat; 2.6g saturated fat; 22g carbohydrates; 2.3g sugar; 11g protein;