Love this soup , I made a few additions, I added 2 cartons of chicken broth , 2 cans of tomatoes ,
1 cup fresh Italian parsley chopped and 1 cup red wine ….. I served with shredded parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil …and a fresh Italian Crusty bread…. Delicious 🙂
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes or 28 oz jar of marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 5 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles, broke into 2″ pieces
- 2 c. low fat shredded mozzarella
- Toppings (optional):
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Torn fresh basil, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, spray the bottom of the pan with cooking spray. Add onions and season with salt. Cook until tender and golden, 5 minutes, then add sausage and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat and return to pot.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute, then add crushed tomatoes and dried oregano.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add lasagna noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 10 minutes.
- Add mozzarella and stir, letting melt into soup.
- Garnish with Parm and basil.