The hormonal balance, healthy and radiant skin and optimally-functioning reproductive system are extremely important for every single person.
However, they are not difficult to be achieved, since a diet rich in nutritious, and nutrient-dense foods will provide magnificent effects. Our hormones control our metabolism, mood, digestion, and libido. On the other hand, if our body lacks important nutrients, the production of hormones will be obstructed, and these functions will be compromised. This means that your choice of food actually stimulates of obstructs the production of hormones. The balance of all micronutrients, fat, protein, and carbohydrates is of high importance for the health. Fat is vital for the hormonal imbalance, even though we are often told to avoid fats. Actually, healthy fats support the production and the balance of hormones.
Fatty acids and cholesterol help the production of fats, so their deficiency will cause hormonal imbalance, especially in women and their reproductive system.
Hormone- balancing meals should involve healing herbs, antioxidants, protein, and healthy fats. You can choose some of the categories given below and combine your own healthy breakfast: HEALING SPICES AND HERBS
- Dark green veggies ( cilantro, spinach, asparagus, collard greens, broccoli, cabbage kale)
- Brightly colored veggies ( red/white onions, carrots, tomatoes, red cabbage, and green/red/yellow and orange bell peppers)
- Starchy vegetables (turnips, sweet potatoes, yucca, artichokes, beets, butternut squash, spaghetti squash)
- Soaked or sprout nuts
- Organic pasture-raised/grass-fed chicken, beef, turkey, elk, bison, pasture-raised eggs
- Wild caught fish
HORMONE-BALANCING HEALTHY FATS
- Nuts and seeds ( flaxseed oil, soaked nuts, and seeds, olives, fermented cod liver oil, olive oil hemp seed oil, raw cultured dairy product)
- Avocados ( they are a rich source of folic acid, fiber, magnesium, potassium, vitamin E, B-vitamins, and healthy fat)
- Egg yolks ( They are high in nutrients which support hormonal balance, healthy skin, and contribute to a healthy reproductive system, including calcium, iron, chlorine, phosphorus, potassium, and vitamins A, D, E, B2, B6, and B9)
- Coconut oil ( it has lauric acid, which stimulates hormonal production and is beneficial for the skin, boosts the metabolism, and fights off bacteria and viruses)
- Raw butter ( it includes fat-soluble vitamins like A,D,E, and K2, which are important for the production of hormones, as well as medium-chain fatty acids which strengthen the immune system, treats bad bacteria and viruses, and boosts the metabolism)