- 500 g raw peeled large shrimp, (King Prawns), tails removed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (add more to suit your tastes)
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika, (or smokey for a different flavour option)
- 2 bunches of Asparagus, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups Cos lettuce leaves, (or lettuce of choice), washed and ready to use
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, (optional for extra flavour)
- 2 tablespoons water, (or olive oil)
- Salt to taste
- In a shallow bowl, combine shrimp (prawns) with all of the spice ingredients, and rub into the shrimp until evenly coated. Heat a large pan/skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil. Saute the shrimp/prawns and the Asparagus while turning occasionally until the shrimp/prawns and asparagus have started to change colour and are just cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Combine the lettuce leaves, avocado, onion slices and basil leaves in a salad bowl. Add the shrimp/prawns and avocado over the top. Drizzle with the dressing.
For the dressing:
- Combine the yogurt in a bowl with the lemon pepper, lemon juice (if using), water and salt. Mix well to combine.