- 1 (13 oz) head broccoli
- 1 (13 oz) head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp capers
For the Vinaigrette:
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (2 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, shallot, salt and pepper.
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into bite size florets. Using a steamer, steam the vegetables for about 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables, rinse under cold water to stop them from cooking, drain and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with the vinaigrette and serve.