- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 whole large eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar (Sargento)
- 1/4 cup good grated cheese like pecorino romano
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Steam broccoli with a little water for about 6-7 minutes.
- When broccoli is cooked, crumble into smaller pieces and add olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spray a standard size non-stick cupcake tin with cooking spray and spoon broccoli mixture evenly into 9 tins.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites, eggs, grated cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour into the greased tins over broccoli until a little more than 3/4 full.
- Top with grated cheddar and bake in the oven until cooked, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator to enjoy during the week.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 2 omelets
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 1
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 167 calories
- Total Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 170mg
- Sodium: 317mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 18g