Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup ice cream | Calories: 281 | Total Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 33mg | Carbohydrates: 68g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 52g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints: 15
- 6 ripe pears, peeled, sliced and core removed
- 8 cups no-sugar added apple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 large (32 ounce) tub plain Greek yogurt
[irp posts=”10615″ name=”Crunchy Pear and Celery Salad”]
- Place sliced pears in freezer until completely frozen.
- In a small sauce pan, bring apple juice to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and stir often. Simmer juice until it reduces and reaches a caramel like consistency. Remove and cool.
- Once pears are completely frozen, place in blender with lemon juice, yogurt, and 2 tablespoons of cooled caramel. Blend until combined. Remove from blender and place in a covered air tight container and freeze until ready to use.
- To serve, scoop into serving bowl and drizzle apple juice caramel over the top. Enjoy!