Servings 2 omelets
Calories 295 kcal
- 1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat Swiss cheese
- minced fresh parsley, for garnish
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp olive oil in large skillet over MED-HIGH heat. Add mushrooms and onion, cooking about 5 minutes, until golden and soft. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper, then stir in baby spinach until wilted.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to plate and wipe out skillet. Crack eggs into small mixing bowl with 1/2 Tbsp water and remaining salt and pepper, and beat with small whisk or fork until blended and a little frothy.
- Spray skillet lightly with nonstick cooking spray and heat over MED to MED-LOW. Add beaten egg mixture and stir them around the pan with a rubber spatula, pulling the sides in towards the middle, swirling the pan slightly so the runny egg mixture on top hits the pan and cooks. Cook about 2 minutes, until eggs are just slightly shiny on top.
- Add mushroom mixture to one side of the omelet, then sprinkle with cheese. Carefully lift up the edge of the omelet and check to see if the eggs are lightly golden on the bottom. Once they are, gently fold it over the filling.
- Slide omelet out of skillet and onto plate to serve. Serve garnished with minced parsley and extra black pepper if desired.
Cheesy Mushroom Spinach Omelet
Amount Per Serving
Calories 295Calories from Fat 191
4 Smart Point
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21.2g33%
Saturated Fat 6.6g33%
Total Carbohydrates 9g3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2g9%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.