- refrigerated Dough for 1 (9-inch) pie crust
- 7 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey breast, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/3 cup part skim Swiss cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Roll the dough out on a well-floured work surface until it’s approximately 12-inches in diameter. Transfer it to a 9-inch glass deep pie dish.
- Using your fingers, press it firmly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Then fold/crimp the overhanging dough. Prick the bottom and sides of the pie crust all over with the tines of a fork to prevent the crust from bubbling.
- Transfer the pie crust to a cookie sheet and your pre-heated oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until par-baked.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl lightly beat the eggs with milk, add the remaining ingredients and pour into the par-baked pie crust.
- Place quiche on cookie sheet, cover the edges of the exposed crust with foil to prevent browning too much and bake on the middle oven rack until the eggs are set and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
- Serve with a crisp green salad or maybe some fresh fruit on the side.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1/6th of quiche
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 6
- Points +: 9
- Calories: 333.5 calories
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 269.5mg
- Sodium: 507mg
- Carbohydrates: 19.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 26.5g
CLICK NEXT BELOW TO CONTINUE