Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 304 | Total Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 180mg | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 14g | SmartPoints: 12
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 3 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 (14 ounce can) chickpeas, drained and rinced
- 2 cups chicken cooked, and shredded or diced
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup onion, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
[irp posts=”17861″ name=”One Pot Coconut Curry Shrimp”]
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish and set aside.
- Combine the cooked rice, broccoli, chickpeas, and chicken in the a large bowl. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet. Once hot, add the onions and cook, stirring, until softened. Stir in the garlic and tomato paste. Cook just until the garlic becomes fragrant, about one minute.
- Whisk in the milk and reduce heat and cook until it thickens. Stir in the yogurt, cheese, and curry powder. Bring to a simmer, once simmering cook for 2 to 3 minutes stirring constantly until the mixture is thick.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and broccoli mixture. Stir until the chicken is well coated and spread the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until top just begins to brown.