Yield: 16 servings
Serving size: 1 slice
- 1¼ cup whole-wheat white flour
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1½ tablespoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325° F and grease two 8-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In another medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, and then add the zucchini, yogurt, applesauce and yogurt. Stir to combine.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Evenly pour the batter between the two prepared loaf pans and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the loaves to cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before flipping the bread out of the pan. Let the bread cool completely before slicing. Dust with optional powdered sugar as desired.