12 ounces ground round 2 cups chopped yellow, red, or green bell pepper 2 cups bottled salsa 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 4 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce 2 cups chopped plum tomato 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese 1 cup crumbled baked tortilla chips (about 12 chips) 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Very easy…couldn’t believe how yummy it was when added the ranch dressing as described. Really quick, kids loved it!
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef*
- 1 (1.25 oz) packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 medium-large head of iceberg lettuce, chopped into bite sized pieces (if you’ve never chopped up a head of iceberg before you can
- 1 medium-large tomato, diced
- 4 oz 50% less fat or 2% sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (such as Cabot)
- 4 oz nacho cheese Doritos, broken up a bit into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup light Catalina or French dressing (I used Kraft Lite Catalina)
*if you replace the ground beef with 99% lean ground turkey a cup will be 3 SP on WW Freestyle
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, breaking it up into pieces with a wooden spoon. Add the packet of taco seasoning and stir until well coated. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and ground beef. When ready to serve, add the Doritos and dressing and toss to coat.