- Dried Spaghetti Noodles – 16 Ounces
- Yellow Onion, Chopped – 1 Cup (1 Medium)
- Garlic, Minced – 4 Cloves
- Sweet Italian Sausage, Casing Removed – 1 1/2 Pounds
- Spaghetti Sauce-Divided – 2–24 Ounce Jars
- Cottage Cheese or Ricotta Cheese – 8 Ounces
- Cream Cheese – 8 Ounces
- Sour Cream – 1/4 Cup
- Dried Italian Seasoning – 3 Teaspoons
- Mozzarella, Shredded-Divided – 3 Cups
- Butter, Cut Into Slices-Divided – 1/2 Cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water, with 1 Tablespoon of salt, to a boil. Cook pasta according to pacakge. Drain well, then return pasta to original pot, and add 1 jar of prepared spaghetti sauce and combine. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until it shimmers. Add onion and garlic and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add sausage to skillet, and brown, crumbling sausage with a wooden spoon. Cook until there is no longer any pink in sausage. Drain well. Add 1 jar of spaghetti sauce to skillet. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Cottage cheese or ricotta cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Place half the sliced of butterin the baking dish. Spread half the spaghetti in dish, then spread cheese mixture evenly over spaghetti.Top with the remaining butter slices. Spread remaining spaghetti over cheese mixture. Pour tomato meat sauce evenly over top layer of spaghetti.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and bake in preheated oven until casserole is heated through, about 35-45 minutes.
Yield: Serves 6
WW SP: 5 SP