These Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles combine a creamy mint chocolate center with a hard chocolate shell. They are the perfect holiday treat!
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons salted Challenge butter, (1/2 stick) melted
- 7 oz (1/2 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ teaspoons mint extract
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Few drops green food coloring
- 16 oz chocolate almond bark, for coating
- In a large bowl, mix the powdered sugar, melted butter, sweetened condensed milk, and mint extract with a large wooden spoon (you may have to use your hands towards the end) until smooth. Fold in green food coloring and chopped chocolate until combined.
- Refrigerate uncovered for about 30 minutes, then roll into balls with damp hands and place on cookie sheets lined with wax paper. Refrigerate again for about an hour.
- Melt almond bark according to package directions. Dip the candies in the melted chocolate, shaking excess chocolate off gently. Place back on lined cookie sheets. Using a fork, drizzle any leftover chocolate on candies and refrigerate until firm.
I used white almond bark for the coating and green sugar sprinkles.
Adapted from: recipe-diaries
WW SP: 5
Yield: 2 dozen truffles