- 6 strips center cut bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon reserved bacon grease
- 1 tablespoon light butter (I used Land O’Lakes)
- 24 oz potatoes, thinly sliced (I used fingerling potatoes)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 14 oz pre-cooked smoked turkey sausage, sliced diagonally (I used Hillshire Farm, but Jennie-O and other brands also sell this)
[irp posts=”17698″ name=”OVEN-ROASTED SAUSAGES, POTATOES, AND PEPPERS”]
- Place the chopped bacon pieces in a large saute pan or walled skillet and bring to medium-high heat. Cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon pieces to a stack of paper towels to drain. Discard all but one tablespoon of the bacon grease. Return that tablespoon of grease to the pan and add the tablespoon of butter. Reduce the heat to medium and when the butter is melted, add the potatoes, broccoli, carrots and onions. Stir to coat the ingredients and cover the pan. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the sliced sausage and stir to combine. Replace the lid and cook for an additional 10 minutes, again stirring every two minutes or so. Sprinkle the bacon pieces over the top and serve.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints: 7 per (1 1/3 cup) serving (SPs calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Weight Watchers Points Plus: 7 per (1 1/3 cup) serving (PP calculated using a WW PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Nutrition Information per (1 1/3 cup) serving: 277 calories, 32 g carbs, 5 g sugars, 10 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 16 g protein, 6 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)