- 6 red beets, scrubbed and trimmed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap each beet loosely in foil.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil to the beets (almost 1 teaspoon in each packet).
- Close the foil packet tightly to keep steam in.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes.
- Let cool completely then use the back of a spoon to scrape off the skins.
- Cut into one inch cubes, then add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the beets and toss gently.
- Add the onions and goat cheese and serve.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 116 Calories
- Total Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Sodium: 342mg
- Carbohydrates: 11.3g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugar: 8.7g
- Protein: 2.7g
2 Smart Points