Yields: 12 muffins | Serving Size: 1 muffin | Calories: 180 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 147mg | Carbohydrates: 17g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 9g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints: 9
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon of coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt, low-fat
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon of lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
[irp posts=”16810″ name=”WEIGHT WATCHERS CORNBREAD MUFFINS”]
- 2 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut oil and eggs until a smooth consistency. Add coconut palm sugar, raw honey, and Greek yogurt and mix again. Add vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest and whisk well.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixture. Using a spatula, fold them in together until smooth. Divide the batter between muffin tins and bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Take it out and set on a wire rack to cool off. Enjoy!
- Combine all glaze ingredients together and mix well. If needed, adjust powdered sugar and lemon juice for desired consistency. Glaze should easily drizzle off of a spoon or fork. Once consistency is reached, drizzle over slightly warm muffins.