Skinny southwestern goulash recipe, easy, healthy, hearty, low calorie recipe comfort food, 224 calories, 6 WW sp, delicious!
Serves : 6
– 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni (I used whole wheat)
– 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
– ⅔ cup frozen corn (I used 1 cup)
– 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
– 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
– ½ tsp. ground cumin (I used 1 teaspoon)
– ½ tsp. pepper
– ¼ tsp. salt
– cup minced fresh cilantro
Cook macaroni according to package directions.
While the water is boiling and pasta is cooking, prepare the ground beef and vegetables. 3. In a large skillet set over medium heat, cook the beef and onion, stirring and breaking up the meat into small crumbles, until meat is no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, chilies, cumin, pepper and salt.
Bring to a boil then lower the heat to a gentle simmer and continue to cook, uncovered, for 4-56minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Drain macaroni and add to the meat/vegetable mixture.
Stir in the cilantro and heat through. Taste and adjust the seasonings, adding more salt, pepper, cumin, etc. to taste.
Serving size: 1-1/3 cups
224 calories, 6 g fat , 24 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch
WW SP per serving = 5