- 1 pound fresh or frozen cavatelli
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ears corn (kernels cut from the cob)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups (6 1/2 oz) ounces diced zucchini, 1/4-inch
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup homemade marinara sauce
- 6 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and garlic, and cook until golden and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook 3 minutes, until the tomatoes soften.
- Add the corn and zucchini and cook until tender crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the marinara, season with salt and pepper and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, cook the cavatelli according to package directions,reserving some of the water before draining, then toss with the marinara and vegetables.
- Add the grated cheese, remaining teaspoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste and cook 1 minute, adding some of the reserved pasta water as needed.
- Serve right away with fresh basil and additional grated cheese if desired.
[irp posts=”18374″ name=”Corned Beef Hash”]
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: Scant 1 1/3 cups
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 7
- Points +: 7
- Calories: 297.5 calories
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 7.5mg
- Sodium: 184mg
- Carbohydrates: 59.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 10.5g