Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup | Calories: 101 | Total Fat: 4.4 g | Saturated Fat: 0.7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 515 mg | Carbohydrates: 12.4 g | Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g | Sugars: 2.9 g | Protein: 4.0 g | SmartPoints: 3 |
- 5 cups white baguette OR white sliced bread, cubed
- 5 cups whole wheat baguette OR whole wheat sliced bread, cubed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp fresh sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss bread cubes in 1 tbsp oil then place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Over medium heat, saute onion in 1 tbsp oil for 8 minutes or until they start to turn brown.
- When the cubes are done, toss with onions, celery, carrot, cranberries, parsley, thyme, sage, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Slowly pour veggie broth into mixture and stir.
- Grease a 13 X 9 casserole dish with 1 tsp oil then pour stuffing into it.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Then remove cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
CLICK NEXT BELOW TO CONTINUE