Divide this casserole into 8 servings and each one will be 4 myWW Points for the Blue and Purple plans and 7 myWW Points for the Green plan.
You can add lettuce, jalapenos and salsa to the top if you want for zero points!
Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole – 4 ingredients is all it takes to make this popular Mexican dish. It’s cheesy, it’s spicy, it’s sinfully delicious.
Mexican food is my weakness. Totally! I love all Mexican food. I love going to Mexican restaurants and trying everything on the menu. But I also love to make Mexican food at home. This chicken enchilada casserole only requires 4 ingredients, so it doesn’t get any easierthan this.
CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
I love chicken enchiladas and this casserole is even easier to make than making regular chicken enchiladas because you just layer your ingredients. Even a kid could make this.
And if you want to have some fun, have a mojito while you make this, or with it, before or after or during, doesn’t really matter. If you have a sombrero you might even want to wear that and make this chicken enchilada while dancing to the Mexican hat dance song.
- 19 ounce can of enchilada sauce
- 9 extra thin yellow corn tortillas
- 16 ounce can fat free refried beans
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (or equivalent of homemade taco seasoning)
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 cup 2% shredded fiesta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour a 1/3 cup of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the pan and spread around.
- Arrange 4.5 tortillas across the bottom of the pan to cover it as best as possible.
- In a bowl mix the refried beans and the taco seasoning together.
- Spread this mixture in an even layer on top of the corn tortillas.
- Using the same bowl add the cooked chicken, black beans, tomatoes/chilies and remaining enchilada sauce. Stir these ingredients together.
- Spoon half of this mixture on top of the refried bean layer.
- Place the remaining 4.5 corn tortillas on top of the layers.
- Put the remaining chicken mixture on top of the corn tortillas and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Divide this casserole into 8 servings and each one will be 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints.
- You can add lettuce, jalapenos and salsa to the top if you want!