- 3 large egg(s), separated
- 4 medium corn, kernels removed with a knife*
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), diced the size of corn kernels
- 1/3 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), diced
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray, butter-flavored
In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not glossy; set aside. In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add corn, red pepper, scallions, salt, black pepper and flour; thoroughly combine and then fold in egg whites. Coat skillet with cooking spray and warm over high heat; when skillet is hot, reduce heat to medium. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of batter onto skillet to make each fritter. (Do not press fritters down with your spatula since they are meant to be fluffy.) Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes; carefully flip and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove cooked fritters to a serving plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat until all batter is used and then serve immediately. Yields about 4 fritters per serving.
Notes*You can use frozen corn in this recipe if you prefer. Just make sure it’s thawed.
WW POINTS: 0
CLICK NEXT BELOW TO CONTINUE